Welcome to the home of Pencil Trick Productions CIC, a, young, fresh and daring independent British production company.
Pencil Trick Productions has Creative, Corporate and Collaborative arms of its business which enable it to specialise in Video production for a wide variety of functions, outputs and budgets. Our activities as a Community Interest Company (Registered No' 08002205) are underpinned by a strong Social Enteprise Strategy. This includes a talent pool which facilitates employment and professional work experience on our productions. We also support and invest in new creative alliances for the community through the provision of creative industry networking events. Finally, our targeted business strategy provides cost effective, funded, video products to not for profit organisations.
We specialise in scratch to screen development and have a passion for ethical, socially relevant and innovative filmmaking. Forging pathways of communication to the most under served of audiences: articulation and inspiration begins with PTP.
"Film has a unique and organic interaction which just slaps you in the face then makes you rewind and experience the impact over and over again… we wouldn't do anything else… we can't!" – Jennifer-Kate Monks, PTP Producer.
Follow us online:
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ever busy and resourceful we are currently working on a number of projects across several genres with the following Pieces at pre-production stage:
- Currently developing documentary projects questioning how corporate interests influence the pursuit of scientific knowledge.
- Developing a Documentary into "Back Office Britain" a look at the financial waste which exists behind the desks of British Public Sector Institutes.
- Developing Film projects with UK church missionaries whose work in Central Africa will be documented.
- Developing A two-part crime drama firmly pitched towards main terrestrial broadcasters. A chilling thriller which challenges the accepted norms of the father son relationship.
- Currently developing a screenplay based around the story of a blind man whose experience of the world lies not in its physical description but the style of the narrators he chooses.
- Developing an animated, multi-perspective story of a fictional revolution at whose heart is a glimpse of freedom, an obsession which finally makes existing conditions intolerable.
- A feature-length project whose key theme is the changes that adulthood brings to a childhood idyll.
- A short, Liverpool-based, thriller on the meaning people impart to a place and the sense of isolation and disorientation when those people are gone.
- An exile's journey through an alien culture via the personal language of love letters and dreams.
- Short films tackling the ultimate moment of decision in adaptations of scenes by Joseph Conrad.
- Paper animated detective/noir thriller, the story of a film, within a film, as an all foreign cast learn that their production is "cursed" as unfortunate events unfold.